Dr. Punyavathi C Nagaraj
Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Mon - Sat 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dr. Punyavathi C Nagaraj
Senior Consultant- Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr Punyavathi C. Nagaraj holds the position of Medical Director,Punya Hospitals India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.She is one of the core team members running and regulating the functioning of this multispecialty and patient-centric hospital with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Punya Hospital is fully equipped to perform advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries and hosts high-end facilities like Skill Lab & Auditorium with AV connection from all the four Modular OT’s for training in Laparoscopy.
In Bangalore, Dr Punyavathi was born to Mr V. Channanarasimhaiah and Mrs Boramma. Her father, Mr Channanarasimhaiah was an acclaimed teacher and president awardee for his excellent services in his field and the primary source of motivation and inspiration for his daughter.
As one of the brightest candidate of the lot, she completed her basic education in Bangalore and then went on to complete her MBBS at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore followed by a Master Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, (Rajive Gandhi University, Bangalore) from the same prestigious Institute.
Her inextinguishable interest in learning rewarded her with the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery from The World Laparoscopy Hospital, Delhi. She also completed her Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery from one of the world’s most prestigious Universities of Kiel in Germany.
Dr Punyavathi has participated in multiple specialized training programs Gynecology oncology , Infertility Management, IVF etc.,.,and conducted live workshops and demonstrations in Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Diploma in Minimal Access Surgeries (GERMANY) Kiel University
- Life Member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Fellow of Minimal Access Surgeons. (Delhi)
- Life Member IAGES
- Life Member of Bangalore Laparoscopic Group
- Life Member of KSOG / BSOG
- Life Member of Indian Menopause Society
- KMC No 36177
- 23+ years of experience as a Consultant, Dr Punyavathi has been seamlessly treating patients of multiple Obstetric and Gynaecological disorders both conventionally and Laparoscopic ally.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for various indications,Hysterocopic procedures and Laparoscopic Myomectomy (Removal of Fibroid) being her special interest, she has performed 3500+ Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) and 800+ Myomectomies in both nulliparous and parous women.
- Dr Punyavathi performed 20000+ Laparoscopic surgeries in her career of 22 years and has successfully handled innumerable emergency cases.
- She has conducted various free health camps and health awareness programs like Cancers in Women especially cervical cancer, breast cancer, general gynaecological camps, Awareness about breast feeding and hygiene of nursing mother, New born care programs, Educative health talks in various schools and colleges,
- Laparoscopic surgeries in rural
Being one of the promising students, while pursuing her post-graduation at KIMS, Dr Punyavathi her dedication and diligence brought her multiple awards
- Awarded by Lions club of women wing for her services to the society
- Awarded by Rotary club
- Bhairavi awardee for the year 2018 from the prestigious Sri Adichunchanagiri Kshetra for medical services for being the only Doctor for the whole state.
- Many clubs and organisations have appreciated her work towards common people and the high standard of medical skill
Dr Punyavathi’s articles that got published in several newspapers and magazines were based upon
- Common Gynaec issues faced by almost every women
- Advantages of laparoscopy for multiple Gynaec problems
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopy for Infertility management
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease and its management
- Common Gynaecological Infections and management
- High Risk Pregnancy management
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Early pregnancy losses evaluation and management etc.,
Being a responsible citizen and a dedicated health worker, Dr Punyavathi has administered numerous FREE medical camps regarded to
- Screening for Women related Cancer
- Cervical Cancer Screening Camp
- Pregnancy Camp, Infertility Camp
- General Gynaec Camp
- Antenatal Care Awareness Programme
- Mother and Child Care camp
- Women Health Check up Programme
Participated in various social activities to improvise overall health of the society
Besides, she is also indulged in awareness programs in educational institutions to spread the importance of healthy survival. She also runs a FREE OPD once a month and conducts free Laparoscopic surgeries to help people from underprivileged sections.