Dr. Vinod Nagesh
Mon - Sat 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dr. Vinod Nagesh
Dr Vinod Nagesh is a nephrologist with extensive expertise in the area of diabetes, hypertension, kidney diseases, renal transplants (including high risk transplants, blood group incompatible transplants), dialysis (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis) and critical care nephrology.
He has bagged nine gold medals in MBBS and best outgoing student. He is a top ranker in MD Medicine. He completed his DM training from one of the prestigious central institute PGIMER Chandigarh. He is an active member of national and international nephrologist communities, and is therefore very well informed on latest developments in the field.
Dr Vinod Nagesh has worked in the department of Nephrology at St Johns Medical college as Assistant Professor and currently practices at Samruddhi Kidney Care (A unit of Samruddha health care) near 8th mile, Tumkur Road
- MBBS March 2011 Bangalore Medical college & Research institute, Bangalore, Karnataka
- MD (Medicine) June 2014 Postgraduate institute of medical education and research, Chandigarh, India
- DM (Nephrology) June 2019 Postgraduate institute of medical education and research, Chandigarh, India
- MBBS - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
Topper among the entire batch
Best outgoing student award
Nine gold medals in nine subjects
- MD Internal medicine - PGIMER Chandigarh
Topper among the batch
Secured a medal with best outgoing student
- DM Nephrology PGIMER Chandigarh
Manage outpatient clinics and inpatient admissions with independent charge/primary responsibility for own patients.
Trained in all Nephrology procedures such as renal biopsies, graft biopsies, renal ultrasound, permanent tunneled catheter insertions, temporary catheter insertions, plasmapheresis, hemoperfusions, hemodialysis and assisted peritoneal dialysis catheter insertions.
Trained in renal transplant immunology, deceased donor transplantation, live related/unrelated/ABO incompatible/high risk transplant work up and management .
Thesis on Urinary biomarkers in the prediction of renal recovery in Community acquired AKI
Assistant Professor, Dept of Nephrology, StJohns Medical College
- Conduct several procedures including renal biopsies, permcath insertions, hemodialysis catheter insertions, PD catheter insertion
- Manage hemodialysis unit with 20+ hemodialysis machines
- worked as team member in one of the largest renal transplant centre that manages live related/unrelated/ABO incompatible/high risk transplants, as well as deceased donor transplants
- Conduct regular academic Continued Medical Education (CMEs) for multi-department and interdepartmental clinical meets
- DM student teacher
Scientific Society Memberships
- International Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology
- Indian Medical Association
- Nephrology Association of Karnataka
- PGI Nephrology Alumni Society
- Renuka S, Limesh M, Kedalaya PG, Vinod N, Kruthika DM. Outcome of patients between twice weekly versus three times per week hemodialysis: A single centre experience. IP J Urol Nephrol Hepatol Sci 2019;3(1):3-9
- Limesh M, Kedlaya PD, Renuka S, Vinod N. Long term outcome of lupus nephritis: A single center study. Indian J Nephrol 2020
- Kruthika DM, Shashank SD, Vinod N, Limesh M, Renuka S, Prashanth GK. Effect of oral liposomal (sucrosomial) iron versus intravenous iron for treatment of iron deficiency anaemia in chronic kidney disease patients: A randomized trial. IP J Urol Nephrol Hepatol Sci 2020;3(3):59-64.
- Nine gold medals in various subjects during under graduation in Bangalore Medical College and research institute
- Best outgoing student award at MBBS convocation in Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- Silver Medal in MD Internal medicine awarded at MD convocation in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Institute.
- Travel Grant award for poster presentation at Asia Pacific AKI CRRT congress 2018 at Taipei, Taiwan
- Part of “Nutritional therapy to prevent progression of AKI to CKD” , pilot single center, randomized controlled trial.
- Creating AKI registry under the guidance of Prof K L Gupta, HOD Nephrology and Dr Vivek Kumar, Asst professor in PGIMER
- Thesis on Epidemiology of Community acquired AKI and Role urinary biomarkers in the prediction of recovery of community acquired AKI
- Plan to study role of proteomics and metabolomics in Community acquired AKI
Special interest in : Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Skullbase surgery, Complex Spine surgery , Neurovascular Surgery, Stroke , Epilepsy and Functional Neurosurgery.