M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery), FVES (RGUHS), FIVS (IRELAND), FIES (GERMANY)Book An Appointment
|Education and Training and Location of Institution ( City, State or Province and Country)||Degree and Year Awarded||Area of Study|
|M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore University, Bangalore||1999||MBBS|
|J.S.S Medical College, Mysore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health & Sciences||2004||MS General Surgery|
|Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health & Sciences||2007||Fellowship in Vascular & Endovascular Surgery|
|Leipsic Heart Center University, Germany.||2009||Endovascular Fellowship Training Program|
|St.James’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland||2010||Vascular & Endovascular Fellowship Training Program Under (VSI)|
|Position/ Title||Name and Location of Institution||Date|
|CURRENT CONSULTANT ANDSURGEON ASSOCIATEPROFESSOR,DEPT. OF VASCULAR SURGERY||PUNYA HOSPITAL INDIA PVT LTD
M.S. RAMAIAH MEDICAL COLLEGE, BANGALORE, INDIA
|MAR 2013 TILL DATE
MAR 2013 TILL DATE
|PREVIOUS SENIOR RESIDENT IN GENERAL SURGERY||MALLYA HOSPITAL||DEC 2000-MAY 2001|
|REGISTRAR VASCULAR SCIENCE DEPARTMENT||JAIN INSTITUTE OF VASCULAR SCIENCES BANGALORE, INDIA||JAN 2006-AUG 2007|
|ASSOCIATE, PROFESSOR VASCULAR SURGERY||KATURI MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL GUNTUR||AUG 2010-DEC 2010|
|ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPT. OF VASCULAR SURGERY||M.S. RAMAIAH MEDICAL COLLEGE, BANGALORE, INDIA||FEB 2011 TO FEB 2013|
Worked as Study Co-ordinator in Clinical Trial for ALFIMEPRASE Phase III Site– JIVS – 2006
Worked as Co-investigator in Phase III Aspire study. Multicentre randamised double blind, placevo-controlled clinical trial examining the efficacy and safety of low dose aspirin after initial anticoagulation to prevent recurrent venous thrombo embolism – 2007 Site- msrmc
Worked as Co-investigator in A Safety& Efficacy Trial Evaluating the use of Apixaban for the extended treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary Embolism. 2009 Site- msrmc
Worked as Co-investigator in A Safety and Efficacy Trial Evaluating the Use of Apixaban in the Treatment of Symptomatic Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. Site- msrmc
Worked as Co-investigator in A Randomized, Double blind, multicentric, placebo controlled, single dose, phase- I/II study assessing the safety and efficacy of intramuscular ex vivo cultured adult allogenic mesenchymal stem cells in patients with critical limb ischemic (CLI). Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub- Investigator in HOKUSAI VTE, A Phase 3, randomized, double blind, double dummy, parallel-group, multi-center, multinational study for the evaluation of efficacy & safety of (LMW) heparin/Edoxaban versus (LMW) heparin/Warfarin in subjects with symptomatic deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism. – 2009 Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub- Investigator in TALECRIS BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. A Phase 2, Randomized, open-label (with blinded plasminogen activator and placebo in patients with acute lower extremity native artery or bypass graft occlusion) – 2010 Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub – Investigator in A Phase II, Randomized, prospective, double blind, parallel group, multi-center study to determine the safety and efficacy of GRANEXIN GEL in the treatment of venous leg ulcer – 2011 Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub – Investigator in An observational study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of daptomycin in serious gram positive diabetic foot infections – 2011 Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub – Investigator in POISE-2 Trial, A large, international, placebo-controlled, factorial trail to assess the impact of clonidine and acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery who are at risk of a perioperative cardiovascular event – 2011 Site- msrmc
Worked as Sub – Investigator in A Phase III Study of treatment of VTE in cancer patient. Multi-National, Multi-Centre, 6-Months, Randomised, Active Controlled, Open-Label Study with blinded adjudication – 2012
Poster presentation – IVC aneurysm
Presented in National conference held in Delhi – 2007
Paper presented in Bangalore Surgical Society 2007 – Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Poster Presentation – Struck Innovative approach to a Intra-aortic
Balloon pump – Vascular Society of India – National Conference 2009
Paper Presentation –Accuracy of Duplex USG prior to Vascular
Access in Chronic Kidney Disease- Vascular Society of India – National Conference 2009
Paper presented in Bangalore Surgical Society 2009
Endovascular Interventions growing indications
- Paper Presented in 14th Congress of Asian Society for Vascular Surgery 2013, Istanbul, Turkey – Our Experience of primary patency of PTFE patch closure at the venous anastomotic site for AV Graft Thrombosis
- Participated in the camps organized by the Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain hospital in different parts of Karnataka state and also operated on these patients.
Responsibility involved attending to emergency calls, preoperative, operative and post operative management of all vascular surgery patients.
Involved in conducting theory and practical demonstration classes for post graduate students from different Medical College who were posted for Vascular Surgery.
0.2% GLYCERIYL TRINITRATE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC FISSURE IN ANO, A CLINICAL STUDY.
- Participated as Instructor in workshop on vascular evaluation, suturing techniques and diabetic foot assessment conducted by Jain Institute of Vascular sciences with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences for post graduate students.
- Conducting theory and Practical demonstration classes for postgraduate students Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences, Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital Bangalore.
- Participated in all Seminars, case discussions, Journal clubs and mortality and morbidity meetings at Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences.
Completed Cordis basic & Advance study of endovascular Course during 2007 in Delhi.
Participated and presented case discussions at bimonthly vascular surgery meetings held at Bangalore.
Conducting theory and practical demonstration classes for undergraduate, postgraduate, MCh Vascular Students in M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
Participated as a faculty in “ Endoworks” a hands on workshop for trainees of Southern India (Vascular Surgeon ) on basic endovascular skill – 2014
Panelist for TEPCON 2015
ABROAD TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Endovascular Fellowship Training Program done in Germany (Leipzig (Leipsic) Heart Centre University in July 2009.
- Selected for Vascular Fellowship in Ireland for 3 months in the year 2010 from the Vascular Society of India 2009 in Hyderabad National Conference
- Attended 13th national conference of vascular society India- CME and hands on workshop.
Attended 56th Annual conference of cardiology society of India in Bangalore – December 2004.
Attended 14th Annual National conference of VSICON 2007, BARODA, INDIA.
Attended 4th Annual Conference of Clinical Research in Bangalore November 2009
Attended 16th Annual conference VSICON 2009, HYDERABAD, INDIA
Attended 4th Midterm Meeting Aneurysms, PAOD, Veins & AV Access Revisited organized by VSI 2011, GOA
Attended 5th Annual Conference of the venous Association of India – Kochi 2012 (VAICON)
Attended 19th Annual Conference VISICON – 2012 Jaipur, India
Attended 14th Congress of Asian Society for Vascular Surgery 2013, in Istanbul, Turkey
- Karnataka Medical Council, Reg. No: 57770
- Surgical Society of Bangalore – ASICC (R)
- Surgical Society Mysore city branch of ASI
- Vascular Society of India- Reg No. 281
- Indian Medical Association
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL CURRENT RESEARCH AND REVIEW, Vol 04 Issue 14, Research Category
Factors predictive of failure of arteriovenous fistulas: Our experience & review of literature – 2012
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY, REVIEW ARTICLE,
Remote Endarterectomy: An Alternative to Surgical Bypass, 2013 Aug;75 (4):258-261. Epub 2012 Sep 28
- ANNALS OF VASCULAR SURGERY – Our Experience of primary patency of PTFE patch closure at the venous anastomotic site for AV Graft Thrombosis
- THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE – Low – Dose Aspirin for preventing recurrent venous thromboembolism; Timothy A Brighton, Dr. Sanjay C. Desai, Dr. Chandrashekar. A. R, Dr. Reetu Singh , , DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1210384, November 2012.
- A Systematic Review of the Advantage of Doppler Ultrasound in Arteriovenous Access Creation and Maintenance, International journal of science study, September 2014, vol 2, issue 6
Katuri Medical College & Hospital
Varicose Veins, August – 2011
- Indian Medical Association – Shimoga Branch
Vascular Diseases: Current perspectives and growing indications – 2012
- Katuri Medical College & Hospital
Current perspectives and growing indications in Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, November – 2012